Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Last 2 weeks in Review

First of all, sorry I have taken so long to up date. I went in for an ultrasound and blood work on Friday the 16th. My uterus looked good and the lining of it was what it was supposed to look like. I can honestly say I really never thought I would care about what my uterus looks like. Then again I never really thought I would be writing a blog about this adventure. Come to think of it you guys probably never thought you would be reading a blog about my adventure to motherhood...LOL.

Seriously now, that ultrasound also told us that my ovaries had about 15 plus follicles in them and apparently that is a good thing. So I started on the increased Clomid dosage, 100mg, on Monday the 19th and took it till Friday. I thought I was supposed to start it 2 days earlier however everything is based on the ultrasounds and blood work results, and just about everything is called a cycle day. I had an ultrasound appointment for today but was supposed to call if I had a positive result on the ovulation predictor kit. Basically it looks like a pregnancy test but in stead of the second line appearing if you are pregnant, the ovulation kit always has a second line, the positive reading depends on the color. If one is lighter it is neg, if they are the same you have a positive reading. Yeah, that's helpful, NOT. I wonder what the color blind do? Of course there is a Clear Blue Easy Test that is a happy face or a circle but that is ridiculously more expensive. So I am left with my "peeing on a stick" and my hopeful brain, IS IT? YES!!!! YES! well maybe not. I don't know, I think it it yes. No no I think it is negative. So at this point, Monday night, I gather all my tests and bring them to work for the nurses to look at. Tuesday morning I call Dr. Ripps office and they tell me to come in at 915. Here we go!!!!!

The ultrasound and blood work. Not really good news with the ultrasound. My left ovary has 15 follicles and my right has 20. This is good however their size, not so much, they measure less then 7mm each. At this point in my cycle they should be 15mm or greater. So now I feel really ridiculous because I obviously can't differentiate positive from negative on my "stick."

Oh, I forgot to mention my lovely side effects from the medication I am taking. HOT FLASHES. Oh how fun they are! Mom, I know you know what that feels like so you have sympathy for me. ( You always want Mom to have sympathy for you because she loves you so much) I also seem to be in a perpetual state of nausea. Yesterday I was on my way to the doctors office and I had to stop at a gas station and throw up. That was fun. And then there is the moodiness and teariness. Neal loves that. All the symptoms of early pregnancy with NOTHING to show for it. So at this point I want my mommy to fly down to Pensacola snuggle me and to make me pastina (my comfort food, and Italian recipe of pasta, egg, butter, and milk). Very low fat, no, not so much. My husband always joked that that is why Italian Kids are porky. Clearly he needs to be smacked. LOL

Back to the Doctor. Donna from his office called today and scheduled me for more blood work and another ultrasound this Friday at 9am. She said my blood work came back and it seems I have a consistently higher level of Lutenizing Hormone (LH) hence the false positives on the Ovulation Kits. Yeah, I am not crazy. OK people stop laughing. All of my friends know that is debatable. In case you were wondering, LH is the hormone you test for because it surges right before you ovulate. That tells you when to NOOKIE! :) Good News for the HUBBY! LOL.

OK, so I am trying to add a little humor to a somewhat frustrating experience.

No comments: